After you place an order on Flash Gas, you may see a charge or temporary hold from us you didn’t expect. Some of these charges can range from—
- 1 or more temporary authorization holds for an order in process
- An adjusted total for changes in your order (ex. unavailable items or replaced items at a different price)
- A separate charge for items you added to your order after checkout, or shopper tip increases
Why is there a temporary authorization placed on my card?
We place a temporary authorization hold for a slightly higher amount than your estimated order total. Authorization hold amounts vary but are typically calculated at about 115% of the order total and rounded to the nearest $5 increment. This small difference accounts for potential changes in the final total due to special requests, added items, items replaced at a different price or the actual amount of gas. You could see more than 1 authorization hold on an order if adjustments made after checkout exceed the original authorization total amount, or if you place the order several days in advance of delivery and the original authorization hold expires prior to delivery.
We release the authorization hold after your order is delivered or canceled. It can then take up to 7 days for the pending charge to drop, depending on your bank.
We will only charge you for the total of the items delivered to you, plus any fees, taxes, and tips.
Why is my final total different from the total at checkout?
When you place an order, we show you the anticipated total, including estimated taxes and fees. We also add a temporary buffer to anticipate you or the driver making changes to your order, even after you placed it. The final total charged to your card may be different if any changes occur during the shopping process, such as—
- An item is out of stock and you’re refunded
- You add an item to your order after checkout
- An item you order needs to be replaced, and the replacement has a different price
- An item you order is sold by weight and the exact weight is slightly different
- Your Flash Driver fulfills a special request for an item not in the catalog
If none of the options above apply and you still feel the charge you see is fraudulent, please contact us and include the following information—
- The last four digits of your card number
- The date of the unauthorized charge(s)
- The amount of the unauthorized charge(s)
We recommend reaching out before you dispute unknown charges with your bank. Your account will be on hold once you file a dispute and the investigation may take up to 90 days to resolve, whereas we can typically resolve the issue sooner.
Still need help?
Log in to help us get you to the right help quickly.
Are you a Senior?
Contact our dedicated Senior Support Service if you need help getting started or with an existing order.
Daily: 8am – 11pm ET